TF-100 test kit has arrived!

So far the SLAM is going well.
Brushed this morning. Measured CYA: 30, FC:15 CC: 2

Three hours later, measured CYA: 30, FC: 11, CC: 0.5. So I used pool math to figure out how much CL to add to get FC back to 12 . (SLAMming at CYA-30/FC-12).

Brushed again - no more green visible while brushing. Water looks nice.

Will keep it going.

It's important to stay on top of your slam. Keep bringing it back to slam level as often as possible. The more you maintain slam level the faster the slam works. Very important is for you to maintain the Cya/chlorine relationship.

It's important to stay on top of your slam. Keep bringing it back to slam level as often as possible. The more you maintain slam level the faster the slam works. Very important is for you to maintain the Cya/chlorine relationship.
Cool, will do.
One thing that perplexes me is ... once I add CL to bring it back to the appropriate level, how long to wait till retest? I suspect i should wait for the CL I just added to disperse evenly across and throughout the pool. Pump is running constantly during this, but not at full power, at medium power.
I'm currently guessing (which I suspect is bad) that it takes about 3 hours for this to evenly spread throughout the pools.

The length of time between dosages gets a little longer as the end of the SLAM gets closer and closer. It's an arbitrary number but I think 3-4 times daily is reasonable when you start the SLAM and then twice daily is adequate as you approach the end.

Judge it by your consumption rate. You will see the FC loss start to wane as you burn the organics in your pool. Losing 4-5 ppm in between dosages is probably about right.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.