Silver Supporter
Dec 10, 2020
Round Rock, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
When testing the TA, the instructions says "one drop at a time, swirling between each drop. Wipe the tip of the bottle after every drop with a damp cloth."
  • How critical is it to wipe the tip after every drop with a damp cloth?
  • On the CYA test, would it be ok to use the plastic beaker and fill 15ml pool water and 15ml R-0013, while using the Speedstir?
  • Also, where can I purchase JUST the Taylor K-2006 case only?
  • Last question, has anyone used the Skimmer Angel, and do you consider it a good purchase?
Thank you!

1. Only the first few tests will normally have the static issue on the R0009 reagent. After that, no need.
2. Sure. The dropper bottle in the TF100 kit makes it easier to add to the test vial.
3. No idea.
4. No idea.

All except the phenol for pH testing I believe. The Taylor kit uses R0004, the TF100 uses R0014

Also, where can I purchase JUST the Taylor K-2006 case only?
You will find that over time the K2006 box is not big enough to hold everything. It is a great starter box but once you add a speed stirrer or buy extra reagents, you will will need a larger box to organize your test components. Suggest you look at a small tackle box or a larger craft container to hold everything.

Are the reagents in the TF-100 the same as the Taylor K-2006?
The reason for the different reagent to test pH between the 2 test kits is that K2006 uses a 44ml sample and the K1000 ( a part of the TF-100 kit) uses a smaller water sample - however both indicate to put 5 drops in each water sample - so the reagents must be different concentrations to provide the same value for pH.

Also, the K2006 kit does not provide any method to test Chlorine levels using drops. It only provides the powder for the DPD test. The TF-100 provides capability to test both ways although the DPD (powder method) s the preferred way. The use of drops and the comparator is only valid up to 5ppm Chlorine level which is not applicable to many pools with CYA levels above 60.

Last question, has anyone used the Skimmer Angel, and do you consider it a good purchase?
I have never used a Skimmer Angel.

Thank you TX!
I wanted the Taylor container only because I rather have my reagents standing upright and not laying down on it's side.
Plus, it is not clear like the TF-100, so light does not enter.
I like your idea of a tackle box, I'll have to check out HF to see what they have.
I'll get a big one to hold everything including my sun glasses and reading glasses and my bourbon glasses...opps!

Reactions: HermanTX
I got two skimmer angels but have not installed them. I like to put skimmer socks in the skimmer to catch fine things like dog hair, and I don’t believe you can use skimmer socks with the skimmer angels since the angels stick up in the middle of the skimmer. Or at least I haven’t been able to figure out a way.

I have a skimmer angel and use it in the winter time. It helps in emptying out a skimmer basket full of leaves so you do not have to reach your hand into the basket... just in case one of those leaves isnt a leaf. I'm glad I have it, but its not for everyone.

About the time we start using the pool in the spring and the leaves are done falling, I remove the skimmer angel and add skimmer socks. Those help filter out hair and fine debris that I get in the summer.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
A few of us on the site use the tackle box below. Is does a great job of organizing reagents and there's plenty of room for a sample bottle, extra vials, speedstir, reagent refills, and reading glasses. If you can handle green/black, it's only about $12. I've had mine for over two years and it's held up well. You can search other colors/prices on Amazon.

Last edited:
I would consider this basket before installing the skimmer angel handle. This seems to allow more flow if you have a lot of debris in your basket. I have considered purchasing it but never have as yet.
Amazon.com : GVT SP-HP Skimmer Basket, White : Swimming Pool Skimmers : Garden & Outdoor
Thank you TX, this looks like it may work, I just need to check the DIMs to be sure.

Rancho - That box looks good and I may have to go with it, though I didn't want to have the liquids laying on the side, BUT it can hold everything!

Durangler - I saw that and thought it was a little over-priced for a box, but it would keep the liquids upright, which is what I want.

Hmmm...decisions, decisions!

Thank you for all the suggestions, I appreciate!:goodjob:

Thank you TX, this looks like it may work, I just need to check the DIMs to be sure.
I have seen these at pool store - Leslie's and Pinch A Penny. Not sure of the price but at least you could verify dimensions.
Good Luck

BTW - don't be too concerned about keeping your reagents upright. I have always had mine laying down and had no issues. Just something to consider.

I have seen these at pool store - Leslie's and Pinch A Penny. Not sure of the price but at least you could verify dimensions.
Good Luck

BTW - don't be too concerned about keeping your reagents upright. I have always had mine laying down and had no issues. Just something to consider.
I used the dimensions from the website, and it's a little bigger than what I have, which is a WaterWay skimmer.
However, I did find a useful tool from a fire pit my wife just purchased...it's used to poke around the coals and has an L shape end.
Perfect for pulling out the basket!
I guess the reagents on it's side is really not biggie, just easier to pick up if upright. With that said, I purchased the green/black tackle box. There was a blue/black, but the price was doubled, not sure why it was the same thing, just a different color.
Thanks again Y'all for the suggestions!

Reactions: HermanTX
When testing the TA, the instructions says "one drop at a time, swirling between each drop. Wipe the tip of the bottle after every drop with a damp cloth."
  • How critical is it to wipe the tip after every drop with a damp cloth?
  • On the CYA test, would it be ok to use the plastic beaker and fill 15ml pool water and 15ml R-0013, while using the Speedstir?
  • Also, where can I purchase JUST the Taylor K-2006 case only?
  • Last question, has anyone used the Skimmer Angel, and do you consider it a good purchase?
Thank you!
The skimmer angels are great, I got them on amazon last summer.

If the dimensions of that basket don't work, try looking at skimpro tower adapter GVT, Inc - Powered by Network Solutions..

My skimmer baskets came with nets, and I was very disappointed that I couldn't use the skimmer angels that I had purchased at the same time as my TF-100. Finding the skimpro adapter was the best thing ever.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.