TF 100 Refill Sale

You should have received an email -- the sale started first of this month. I think it is still on - check with them today!

We're currently in the build process...how many tests does the TF-100 have? Can't seem to find that info on the web site? Wondering if I should go ahead and order a kit and a refill, or is the standard kit enough for starting up a new pool in June through the Fall? Our pool will be in ground gunite, salt, and about 23K gallons.

We're currently in the build process...how many tests does the TF-100 have? Can't seem to find that info on the web site? Wondering if I should go ahead and order a kit and a refill, or is the standard kit enough for starting up a new pool in June through the Fall? Our pool will be in ground gunite, salt, and about 23K gallons.

The kit should get you through a year. You may need one or two items refilled before then, I needed more of the pH reagent and the FAS-DPD powder and reagent. But don't get a full refill, because they expire eventually, it's recommended to just get the reagents replaced annually.

A standard kit will be fine for a full swim year.
This chart shows the average number of tests for several different test kits

I've found that I've had enough reagents in just one kit that I was able to test fairly often over the course of two full swim seasons. Having said this, the people who sell the kit (and myself as well) recommend you replace the reagents every year to be on the safe side. Once I got into the groove of things and started to really learn my pool, I found testing was really only necessary two or three times a week depending on how often the pool got used. Once you get the water balanced and nice, you'll mainly be checking the free and combined chlorine levels. There's a nice amount of reagents for any test in the kit.

Just as an aside, I ordered the refill kit a couple of days after it went on sale and it was in my mailbox 3 days later...fantastic service as far as I am concerned!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That’s a great deal! I got the email last week.
With shipping I believe it’s $10 more, unless you add more items to get free shipping (purchase above $100).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.