The Villages, Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Not sure why I tried this, but I found that when I fill the cylinder marked with black numbers to 10ml, then pour that into the one with clear numbers, it shows 11.5ml. If I pour it into the chlorine cylinder, it shows 10ml. Based on this, I'm assuming that the clear cylinder is marked incorrectly?

Curious if anyone else has noticed this... or is this specific to my cylinders?

Funny, I never noticed that myself. Did the same with two sets of my tubes. Unfortunately I don't have a precision measurement device to confirm which is accurate. Someone here will. I think @OTPirate and @Leebo are on the road right now, but I'm sure they will have more to say just as soon as they can catch up to messages.

I'm sure it has to do with the standards of different manufacturors being slightly off from one another. Rebecca can confirm when she gets a chance. It is more important that the test is performed consistently with the same vial dedicated to that test to insure comparable results over time. It shouldn't affect the accuracy of your testing.

Further testing reveals that the cylinder with the clear markings is off consistently by 1.5ml. i.e, if I put 25 in either of the other 2 cylinders, it shows as 26.5 in this one. Must the specific cylinder - just wanted to make sure this wasn't for a specific test different than the others! Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.