TF-100 Chlorine Drop Test Turns Violet not clear?

Neto

Jun 10, 2019
Puerto Rico
Hi, I bought this TF-100 kit less than 5 months ago and started using it since now my pool has been built. So when I do this test, I add the scoop of the powder and it turns into a deep pink, then I start adding the drops of the reagent and after a couple it turns into a light violet color, not clear as the instructions say. I have added 20 drops of the reagent and still maintains the same. So is something wrong with my test? or is light violet = clear?

The FAS-DPD test will turn clear.
Are you using 10 ml of water sample? Are you using the proper reagent?

Yep im using the 870 and 871 reagents, I just used the other supply kit (since I bought the XL version) and it did work correctly (turned completely clear).. So I guess one of the reagents from the kit is bad which seems odd since they came with the same batch. I noticed one of the 870 powders looks black, the other looks white (the secondary one from the kit).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I would suggest storing it in a zip lock type bag. Preferably with a desiccant packet in the bag.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.