TF-100 Chlorine Drop Test Turns Violet not clear?

Neto

Jun 10, 2019
Puerto Rico
Hi, I bought this TF-100 kit less than 5 months ago and started using it since now my pool has been built. So when I do this test, I add the scoop of the powder and it turns into a deep pink, then I start adding the drops of the reagent and after a couple it turns into a light violet color, not clear as the instructions say. I have added 20 drops of the reagent and still maintains the same. So is something wrong with my test? or is light violet = clear?

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
The FAS-DPD test will turn clear.
Are you using 10 ml of water sample? Are you using the proper reagent?

Neto

Jun 10, 2019
Puerto Rico
Yep im using the 870 and 871 reagents, I just used the other supply kit (since I bought the XL version) and it did work correctly (turned completely clear).. So I guess one of the reagents from the kit is bad which seems odd since they came with the same batch. I noticed one of the 870 powders looks black, the other looks white (the secondary one from the kit).

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Let Rebecca know of your reagent problem. @OTPirate

Neto

Jun 10, 2019
Puerto Rico
this is what both of my r-0870 reagent looks like, can someone confirm if theirs look white or black?

Attachments

• BD9ECE74-7BEA-4F2E-91FD-E6ED0C63CFE2.jpeg
    BD9ECE74-7BEA-4F2E-91FD-E6ED0C63CFE2.jpeg
    348.4 KB · Views: 19

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
I would suggest storing it in a zip lock type bag. Preferably with a desiccant packet in the bag.

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.