Atlanta
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi all, looking for a recommendation for either a sealer or a sealer/enhancer for my Texas lime stone pool coping saltwater pool? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    696.6 KB · Views: 27
I have yet to see a stone coating that really works.

And once you put a coating on it wears off and looks worse and then needs to be stripped and reapplied.

I think they are more trouble then they are worth.

What problem are you trying to solve?

If you are trying to prevent that wetted look, there's absorbing, penetrating, masonry water repellents that work. Just make sure it's "absorbing" and not some top coat sealer. Make sure it's fully dried out. Sealing brings on problems with limestone, as it can prevent underneath water from evaporating and you can get that black mold that loves pourous Texas limestone, especially noticeable on the white Austin stone, as we call it.

I have yet to see a stone coating that really works.

And once you put a coating on it wears off and looks worse and then needs to be stripped and reapplied.

I think they are more trouble then they are worth.

What problem are you trying to solve?
Hi, I’m trying to enhance the color, low or no sheen and to prevent the red clay dirt my dogs walk in from staining it. I pressure cleaned it once 2 weeks ago and looks good so far.

If you are trying to prevent that wetted look, there's absorbing, penetrating, masonry water repellents that work. Just make sure it's "absorbing" and not some top coat sealer. Make sure it's fully dried out. Sealing brings on problems with limestone, as it can prevent underneath water from evaporating and you can get that black mold that loves pourous Texas limestone, especially noticeable on the white Austin stone, as we call it.
Thank you but do you have a product that you could recommend? I like what you’re saying about the about absorption as apposed to top coat sealer. My color stone is light gray so I hope if I use the product you suggest it won’t get that black mold!

Thank you but do you have a product that you could recommend? I like what you’re saying about the about absorption as apposed to top coat sealer. My color stone is light gray so I hope if I use the product you suggest it won’t get that black mold!
It has been years since I put anything on stone and masonry, but I know there are many products out there now. But, if water changing the color is not really the sole issue, you are back to something that will enhance and protect, which are surface coats of some sort. My suggest was more useful when half is wet and half is dry and you can see it, aesthetics, like concrete walls. With penetrating water proofing, it will always look dry.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.