Texas Freeze - no parts for 2-3 months

Jul 14, 2018
Keller tx
Need ideas how to save my Pool.

TX In-ground 12K chlorine (liquid), pentair pump/heater/filter. Pentair 60ft DE filter.

so, during the freeze, my filter cover broke, (entire bottom 2" broke away horizontally from cone/tank lid). Looks like parts are likely 2-3 months away at best. any ideas besides dumping lots of chlorine to keep the pool from becoming a pond while I wait? I have a sump pump I was thinking of using to at least circulate some water? I've been advised NOT to attempt repairing the tank lid, seems almost impossible anyway.

Any other ideas for me?
Thanks!
bvam_no1

Do you not have a multiport valve that you can set to recirculate so it will bypass your filter until the filter parts can be found?

Reactions: Shirker
The big thing will be chlorine. Unless you have a way of bypassing your filter, you will not be able to run your SWCG. You can still dump in bleach and brush once or twice a day to keep the water moving.

Welcome to TFP :)

You are not the only one, websites are starting to put notices like below... I could not find one website with your lid in stock... companies have very few parts like this made in advance because they just do not break that often.. There are thousands of people just like you looking for parts that have never froze before.. I wish there was better news and hopefully the companies start cranking out products...

current-banner.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: Shirker
I would recommend you dump the filter and buy a complete new one as timing is not in your favor. This time of the year is when most filter sales are on the rise coupled with the winter damage Texas has experienced. Soon enough shortages will be very noticeable too. Go grab one like right NOW. Good luck

Do some PVC work and connect the filter pipes together to bypass it. Then cut it away when you get a new filter.

thanks for all the replies! I have a new filter system on order, but even though it was "in stock" and coming, it's slipping. I may have to bypass it, although the sump-pump with a long snaking hose is doing a decent job moving the water around. I'm netting leaves, just can't get the dirt off the bottom well. Keeping Chlorine high and fingers crossed!

Reactions: mknauss

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.