Jun 27, 2023
Long Island, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi,

My friend has a salt water pool and has someone take care of everything for him, but wants to look into how to check his levels himself. I have a chlorine pool and I use the recommended kit from you guys. But I know nothing about salt water pools. What should he use to test his water?

Have your friend join up if they'd like to take control of their pool. Be forewarned, your best intentions will fall on deaf ears if they haven't reached their wits end with pool stores/services.

Reactions: kcassidy0772
Have your friend join up if they'd like to take control of their pool. Be forewarned, your best intentions will fall on deaf ears if they haven't reached their wits end with pool stores/services.
Thanks for info everyone. Yes, I’m going to recommend he join and do some research before he does anything. I’m not sure how much work he’s willing to put into testing own water. ( got this question from wife who works with this person). Question actually came about because he has a 3 year old pool heater that they discovered parts were all corroded when they opened the pool. His maintenance guy said the heater must not have been winterized properly. The guy who opens and closes his pool said it’s because salt water pools are harsh on heaters and it’s common. I’m still in early stages of learning about my own chlorine pool. Don’t know anything about salt water pools.

Reactions: Newdude