Testing fc with tf-100

When I had an ammonia problem on my pool last year, it took me about 25 gallons of 12.5% bleach to just get through the ammonia. Then another 4-5 to complete the SLAM. It's a long haul when you have ammonia. Closing properly next year... or in your location maybe not closing at all??? might avoid the problem next time around.

Well I think I might of found my original problem. Correct me if I am wrong. I had zero fc when I started and I purchased a bottle of what I thought was 10% bleach in the pool section. Newbie move at Walmart. Well it turns out I checked the bottle tonight when I went to restock my bleach and the bottle says 10% ammonia something. So I dumped the whole gallon in last Friday not knowing any better with no fc. Could that of caused all my headache? Either way I finally started registering fc tonight. I am still out here trying to keep it up. But I had a successful fc reading of 9 then a hour later it was 6fc so I just added more bleach to hopefully keep it up. Right now my last test at 930 was 6fc and 3cc. Which at 830 it was 9fc and 4cc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol believe me I want to believe and I am doing my best to stick to it. I think I am going to be close to the 80 mark before it's over. Everyone I tell what I am doing just look at me and think I am crazy including my wife lol. I am finally starting to understand the reason behind bleach and the tfp way. I really think I goofed up with the gallon of garbage from wal mart. I know I will be one happy camper if I wake up in the morning to see my fc above 1

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well good and bad news I guess. I tested this morning and had 1fc with 3cc. I rechecked all the test this morning and everything seems inline. After 10 gallons of bleach 8.25 this morning I finally had a 24fc reading. My cya is now 50 from the test this morning. We left to go mess around returned at 3 this afternoon and 1fc again and 0cc this time. So I added more and now have a 9fc with no cc again. Bubbles and suds are all gone now. Water looks perfect and even took a sample to local pool store and told numbers were perfect. And all of our test lined up minus cya and they use a different number for chlorine.

Yeah I just wanted to see how close our test were. It's a mom and pops pool store not a chain store. They use a similar setup as the tf100 kit minus they didn't use a powder for fc or cc. Just the ph and ch test like the one in the tf kit. They measured a 100 for cya when my test this morning was between 50-40. That was the only test besides fc and cc that didn't line up. They told me my ch was 3

Big lots had a sale on bleach today so I stocked up. All the dates were 41 week of 15 and was on sale for 1.60 a gallon. Not sure what the strength is as I couldn't find it listed anywhere. Hoping for good news in the morning. Just went and tested the water and got 20fc with zero cc.

I tried to explain to the pool store the problem I was having and they couldn't grasp it. I told them something was eating the ch and they couldn't understand. They did use some electric wand looking thing to test salt and it read 3800ppm to my test of 3400ppm. All I know is if I wake up and test in the morning and get a reading of 1 or 2 fc I am going to fill the pool in!!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.