Testing fc with tf-100

Lisa is right on with this. If the concentration is not listed, it may be as low as 1%. When you use it, test 1/2 hour later and see what your real FC change was. You can then figure that X oz. of biglots bleach raised FC Yppm, and then use that base in the future. Since you bought a bunch of it, you need to know. Hoping it's 6%!!!

Last edited:
Holy butter I feel I am never going to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Check this morning at 730 and what do I get???1fc and no cc. I don't know how much longer I can keep on buying bleach and spending all this time on it. Been on it this morning non stop. I have even had the swg in full blast super ch for the past 3-4 days. It won't hold a fc to save its life. I am now up to 60plus gallons of bleach and I have shocked it 6 times with 73% to raise the levels and try to maintain them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks I will have to check them out. I work in Kannapolis.

Well good and bad news I guess. I tested this morning and had 1fc with 3cc. I rechecked all the test this morning and everything seems inline. After 10 gallons of bleach 8.25 this morning I finally had a 24fc reading. My cya is now 50 from the test this morning. We left to go mess around returned at 3 this afternoon and 1fc again and 0cc this time. So I added more and now have a 9fc with no cc again. Bubbles and suds are all gone now. Water looks perfect and even took a sample to local pool store and told numbers were perfect. And all of our test lined up minus cya and they use a different number for chlorine.

Yes i know where you work :) I was just letting you know there's a somewhat local place. This is Shawn btw.

Was the place you took sample to one stop pool? I know they hate it when i go in there because i won't buy too much but i have used them for testing as they use drop tests instead of strips like other local ones.

They always ask why to chlorine is so high when i am SLAMming.

It seems like you have it under control but if you need any help just let me know.

finally caught a break!! I stayed on this pool like a fly on your food outside all weekend, went thru over 40 gallons of bleach just this weekend, and I didn't add any from about 6 last night and I checked the fc this morning to get a decent reading finally!!! I had 10 fc and no cc this morning

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well at least you are being honest. Try to do a OLCT tonight. Test at around 7pm add if needed. Test again after dark around 8 pm or so do not add, then test in the morning before pool gets direct sunlight generally 5-5:30 am see if ther is a loss

Well a update for everyone that followed and helped. I used a hybrid slam I guess as I was impatient and didn't fully understand. I went thru every bit of 80 plus gallons of various bleaches from 12.5% at 10 gallons, and mostly 8.25 and 6% at the end 30 gallons on sale at big lots. I called it hybrid because I also used cal-hypo 73% 12lbs worth or 6 times to help get the fc level up and my swg on super ch for 4 days 24/7. Mine started on a Saturday and ended on the Monday a week later. I couldn't wrap my head around the whole idea that my water was so clear and great looking to need all this work! I kinda of would of felt better if it was green lol. So for the new ones reading don't give up, it seems like it doesn't end and didn't help with the fact it was beautiful water. But it finally broke and started holding a fc for more then a hr.

My test from today
Swg on 50%
Fc 9
Cc 0
Ph 7.2
Cya 70
Ta 100
Borates 15ppm
Didn't test ch

Next step is to find out how long I need to run my swg and what %
Lower my ta some more
And add borax to the pool

I would like to think everyone for the help and this site. Also glad I orders the xl options as I just ran out of powder for the fc/cc test today with a week and half of testing so much. Now I have the extra small tub with the xl options that should last me a while now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.