Testing during a SLAM

foxbody

Jun 3, 2021
Beverly, MA
Are we just testing FC during a SLAM? Or should I be testing CYA TA, CC, ph, other? I'm going on day 7 of my SLAM haha.
My logs may not be up to date but I've been testing FC 2-3x / day, daily brushing or vacuuming, just wasn't sure if I should ensure my stabilizer is on point for most accurate chlorine level. Thanks!

Usually you just test FC during a SLAM. PH testing doesn't work at high levels of FC. Ideally you tested everything before you started the SLAM. At high levels of FC using a 5ml water sample will save you reagents. One drop equals 1 point of FC. When you think you are finished with the SLAM you can switch to a larger sample size for more accuracy if you want.

Reactions: foxbody
Usually you just test FC during a SLAM. PH testing doesn't work at high levels of FC. Ideally you tested everything before you started the SLAM. At high levels of FC using a 5ml water sample will save you reagents. One drop equals 1 point of FC. When you think you are finished with the SLAM you can switch to a larger sample size for more accuracy if you want.

Good to know about saving reagents for next time! I've been doing 10ml and it takes 20-30 drops haha

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.