Test kits in Europe

raphaelh

Jun 29, 2020
Fr
Pool Size
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I've read all the threads on TFP about available test kits, to try to find an accurate test kit in Europe
And also Pool Test Kits - Further Reading

Here are my findings :
  • TfTestKits TF-100 : impossible to find in Europe
  • Taylor K-2006 : impossible to find in Europe
  • LaMotte 7022 : Fas Dpd Commercial 7 Kit — LaMotte Europe mentions "Not Currently Available in the EU", contacted them by email and they replied quickly "liquid reagent testers are illegal in EU since they don't comply with EU REACH Regulations."
Here are the available options :
What would you advise ?

I would get the Lamotte ColorQ.

The CH test in the ColorQ actually measures Total Hardness and not Calcium Hardness, no matter what LaMotte calls it in their paperwork. With a vinyl liner pool CH does not matter and I would ignore the test unless you have very hard water.

The FC test can only go up to 10ppm. As long as you keep your CYA low and don't lose control of the water chemistry and get algae it will be useful. Don't get into the position where you need the SLAM Process.

Reactions: Mdragger88
I use the lovibond md110 6-in1 pool photometer and their tablet reagent packs. Really good, really accurate within the testing range of the tablets.

A cheaper option would be their skuba2 pool photometer.

Avaliable widely in Europe. I order them online.

I purchased the k-2006 from a pool shop in Spain >>

Thanks PJ this is really helpful!

I wonder why others can't sell in France whereas they can....

Thanks PJ this is really helpful!

I wonder why others can't sell in France whereas they can....
Not sure, I think most pool owners in France are either second home owners (and they have someone else do their pool) or they tend to use test strips .... most people i know with pools use test strips or the cheap reagent kits that only do pH and chlorine. Its only since being a member on here that i have learned lots and bought a Taylor test kit - i was formerly a test strip junky :ROFLMAO:

I've found it here : Photomètre lovibond MD 100 6 en 1

It's 4x more expensive than the Taylor test kit

Are you really confident in the accuracy ?

Thanks for the recommendation
The accuracy is detailed on the data sheet for their tablet reagents.

It's probably a bit over the top for residential pool testing, but I got it secondhand from ebay.

The Scuba2 works fine and costs less. Uses exactly the same tablet reagents as their more expensive models. Scuba2 can test for FC, PH, TA, and CYA. I like the photometers because they don't rely on my eyes to work.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The accuracy is detailed on the data sheet for their tablet reagents.

It's probably a bit over the top for residential pool testing, but I got it secondhand from ebay.

The Scuba2 works fine and costs less. Uses exactly the same tablet reagents as their more expensive models. Scuba2 can test for FC, PH, TA, and CYA. I like the photometers because they don't rely on my eyes to work.
www.testallwater.co.uk

Is a good site to look at water testing equipment. They sell into the water testing industry, for people and businesses who jobs it is to test water

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.