George Whitzel

Jul 23, 2017
San jose, california
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I have the Taylor K-2006C kit. I bought it several weeks ago when i had algae so I would know where I stood when SLAM testing. Using LC only i conquered the algae and now have a clean sparling pool. During the SLAM I only tested for FC and CC until I passed the OCLT.

Today I began trying out the other kit tests for the first time and have a few questions.

FC 20 - got this one down during SLAM.

CC - less than 0.5.

CH - 350 which is OK?

TA - I could not get the sample to turn from green to red (did change to clear but not red even after 100 of R-9000 drops were added ). Could this be because my FC is still around 20?

PH - i could not get a color match to the text tube colors. Is this also due to the high FC?

CYA - i got this test down pretty well after 3-4 tries using the same solution all tries. Is it Ok to use the mixed solution more than one try in the black dot test?

SALT level testing - though there were instructions for performing this test i could not do as the kit did not include the reagents needed to perform. Was the kit supposed to have them? If I purchase is this test really accurate.

Feedback/responses to my questions will be greatly appreciated

pH and TA will be affected by high FC. Ideally your FC needs to be below 10ppm to do the test.

The K-2006-C will not have the salt test reagents. They use the same instruction card in multiple versions of the 2000 series test kits so you're just seeing the instructions. The proper part number for a 2000 series including salt is K-2006-SALT. Alternatively you can order a K-1766 for just the salt test.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.