Test Kit Container Solution

Jun 27, 2016
Osawatomie, KS
Hey Guys,

Hoping this will help some of you. Photos attached.

I used a Taylor K-2006 kit for years. When I started buying refills from TFTest kits, the bottles were a different size, and wouldn't fit in the Taylor kit box. Then I bought a speed-stir. Then I had test strip bottles. Pretty soon, my test kit and refill chemicals were all tossed in a bucket with a lid. It worked, but it wasn't very organized.

I'd been looking at cheap plastic tool boxes and tackle boxes, but I couldn't find anything that I thought would work. Last month, I was at an automotive swap meet, and found a guy selling empty component boxes that he got from a NAPA auto part store. The boxes had removable partitions, so I could make the compartments any size I needed.

After a little trial and error, I got everything stored in this carrier. I peeled the sticker off the Taylor lid and stuck it to the inside cover. I also copied the instructions for the TFtest kit and taped it there also.

I don't expect you can easily find the NAPA boxes, but I'm hoping this gives you some ideas as you walk through Home Depot or Bass Pro Shops.

Attachments

• IMG_20190610_103836[1].jpg
    IMG_20190610_103836[1].jpg
    295.8 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_20190610_103938[1].jpg
    IMG_20190610_103938[1].jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_20190610_103901[1].jpg
    IMG_20190610_103901[1].jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 99
Looking good. Not sure if you can still add it to below thread on diy test kits, but there are more ideas there.

Looking good. Not sure if you can still add it to below thread on diy test kits, but there are more ideas there.
I copied the link to my thread on the "Let's See Your Test Kit" thread. Thanks for the re-direct!

I finally bit the bullet after finding a good deal on a Taylor K-2006C-SALT. (Sorry TF-100, I like my bottles vertical!) :)

My first kit was a Taylor K-2005 I bought at a pool store before I learned about the FAS-DPD testing. I added a K-1766 salt test kit to that. Then once I learned about the FAS-DPD type of testing, I bought a K-1515. My Franken-Kit was a pretty nice setup. I also had the Speedstir and the test tubes for each test on a separate tray.

The K-2006C-SALT is huge! Way bigger than I thought. But once I pulled out the extra powder, CYA, and Silver Nitrate reagents, there was a lot of extra room for all my test tubes and Speedstir!

I am quite happy with this setup now.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: mguzzy

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.