Test Daily? Ever just add x amount of bleach/day?

Absolutely! If you test precisely and accurately at the same time each day, you will know how much FC you consume each day and you can simply add that amount. Continue to test weekly and adjust your dosage carefully as needed.

Reactions: Pool_Medic
I add the same Chlorine Monday , Wednesday and Friday with tests on Monday and Friday and use the weekends to play around and adjust things and have stayed pretty consistent. once I figured out how much FC I was losing in the sun during the day it was pretty easy to maintain between 4-6 FC with that method

Yes, it all becomes very routine after a time. You will be able to predict with amazing accuracy what readings you will get when you test. And knowing what the readings are, you will also know what you need to add. And many of us swear we can tell when the pH is high because the water loses some sparkle.

Don't be in any hurry to suspend testing. As days get longer, water gets warmer, and pool gets more swimmers, everything will change.

When my pool is in the 80s, I have found I use/lose about 1 ppm in my FC daily (from 6 -> 5), so I add 20 ounces of 12.5% chlorine. I then test 3, 4, or 5 days later and adjust things as necessary.

I don’t have a science down as much with the pH/acid, but it seems every 3 to 5 days perhaps I’ll add 7 ounces of 31% MA to keep b/w 7.4-7.8.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.