PH test inconsistant

Jul 6, 2013
Waxahachie, Tx.
I have asked this before a while back. Never came up with a solution. Anway I had an accidental almost draining of my pool. Not gonna go into details. But none the less it gave me the opportunity to almost have a clean refill.
So, after refilling almost 85% of the pool. I am in the process of re-establishing chemicals. Luckily the winter weather here in N.Texas has saved me from algea. I have just about got my salt level back to a useable level. testing with the salt kit 2800ppm. Will be topping that off soon. Still working on the FC level. After the first application of chlorine, which my initial test was 0 FC. To be exspected. I added 60oz of 7.25% bleach. Pool math said that amount would raise FC by 5.7. Tested the next day at 1.5 FC, just added another 60oz bleach.. No CYA in pool yet, that will be addressed today.
Now onto the PH, using a clean vial and drops, first test was 7.4. Emptied the vial, cleaned it out and retested immediately at 7.8. Even used my spare vial. Results was 7.8
Any suggestions. Thanks

Now onto the PH, using a clean vial and drops, first test was 7.4. Emptied the vial, cleaned it out and retested immediately at 7.8. Even used my spare vial. Results was 7.8
Any suggestions. Thanks
Stop testing using the 25ml sample. The error tolerance of you get a perfect 25ml is +\- 0.2ppm (or 1 drop). So you are within the test tolerance. Use the 10ml and accept the 0.5ppm tolerance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.