Temperature Sensors w/ IntelliCenter

tbrennan

Mar 9, 2022
Jersey Shore
Hi!

Wrapping up the plumbing on a new install, and looking for some guidance on temperature sensors connected to our Pentair IntelliCenter.

We have an i5 w/ IC40 Cell, UltraTemp 140, VSF, and some valve actuators for returns/features.

I have to connect the solar temp sensor because of the UltraTemp, but id rather not waste it sitting in the panel - can I install this on the output side of the heat pump to see the water temp coming out of the UltraTemp?

Ideally, I would lobe to see Air Temp, Water Temp (before heat pump), and Water Temp "Solar" (after heat pump). I can easily see air & water temp in IntelliCenter, but where does the sensor value for the solar temp sensor show?

Should the water temp sensor be installed between the pump and filter? Right now, my PB has it between the filter and heat pump - is this OK? Should we move?

Thank you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.