Temperature Sensor/Probe?

Jun 19, 2016
Ontario, Canada
I am looking for a temperature sensor or probe to monitor the temperature rise from my solar panels. I don't need anything fancy, something standalone would do. I currently use all 3 sensors of my Easytouch. I have considered using the airtemp sensor for this but I like having the freeze protection capability of the Easytouch. Does anyone here know of something that would work?

I bought a temperature sensor for my pool on Amazon, AR-PRO 520272. I have a Hayward OmniLogic panel which uses a 10K temp sensor. I tested the new sensor on the “air” channel and it read within 2 degrees F of the original. It came with a 20’ cable and seems to be a quality product.

Reactions: chia9876
This post has the details for the connection and test. If I understand correctly, if you match the resistance required by your panel, you should be OK as long as there is an additional "connection port". The Omnilogic has provisions for four connected sensors. My new sensor worked fine - I just need to figure out how to get it to show on phone app or panel.

If all else fails, I will try something like this:

Resideo RCHW3610WF1001/N Wi-Fi Water Leak Detector, 1.2, White​

I have used this to monitor water leaks under my dishwasher. Seems to work good and battery life is about 1 year. I want to see temperature on my phone is why I got this.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Although my temp probe connected to “air” worked, it could only be viewed at the panel in service mode. I wanted something that I could view on my phone anywhere and away from home. I ended up with a Govee H5179 (Amazon $36) and have been using successfully for several months. I’m amazed at how accurate it is and I love the history graphs. The best thing is no wiring required. I just placed the remote sensor inside my panel. If my panel gets too hot, I get a notification on my phone and using the Omnilogic app, I turn on my panel fan that I installed as as “Backyard” device. It would be very cool if Hayward modified the app to allow the control of the fan relay using the connected temperature probe.

These used to be in virtually every solar installation. They were installed into T fittings that had a 1/2"fpt port. One in the supply line and one in the return.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.