Holly Springs, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair iChlor 30
I guess this may be the best place to post this. My wife swims laps in our pool. While swimming, she likes to listen to audiobooks. She has probably tried every contraption out there. Some of them are waterproof armbands for a cellphone or iPod, waterproofed iPod shuffle, and bluetooth headphones. She destroyed a bunch of iTouchs in waterproof armbands since no matter how careful you are, it seems the gasket eventually fails. The latest gadget in the H20 Audio Interval with an Apple Watch. I guess we were lucky it only failed once last year.

Any other gadgets out there to try? I can say if we tried it or not.

I have read about underwater speakers that way you remove the input device away from water and just have the output speake which are sealed.

I have read about underwater speakers that way you remove the input device away from water and just have the output speake which are sealed.
The issue I see is that your head is not underwater at all time. Different swim strokes means different amounts of time underwater. She needs to hear above and below the water. Also, since she swims at 5:00am, she can't disturb the neighbor's sleep.

A quick amazon search shows quite a few choices for waterproof Bluetooth ear buds. Perhaps coupled with a swim head band like my daughter used to wear to keep her ear plugs in may be a solution. Leave the device on the deck.
9362D863-93B7-45F1-B4CB-EC2088D89CC7.jpg

Waterproof earbuds have not been the problem. It is the device connecting to the earbuds that is playing the audiobook. Bluetooth does not travel well under water. Many of the devices have the unit on your head since it often stays above water even when swimming freestyle.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.