JoniTull

Jul 31, 2021
Louisiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello, Its been a long process since Ive bought my above ground 24/52 pool. It always showed my ph was high, even before I added any chemicals, and th- hardness has always been the lowest on the chart as well, go figure. Well now I have other issues and all research Ive been reading I cant figure what to do now. A little background story, the company that I hired to install and hook up equipement were a nightmare. They hooked equipement up and filter and pump leaked, they would never come out to fix until the casket, on the filter just broke. We then turned the equipment off. (about 2 months now). Ive been actively keeping up with the chemicals and stirring and swimming to keep water moving. It was all doing well however the entire time PH and CYA was always high and TH was extremely low but water looked wonderful.
Now, PH and CYA are good and the water is getting cloudy and we have not been swimming. My readings today are:
FC-good
TC- HIGH
PH-good
TA- good
TH- Max
CYA- good
Im using the taylor test strips. I know several people dont think these are not acurate and I will be getting the better kit but for now this is what I am working with.

What can I do to clear up the cloudiness and to lowere tc and fix the hardness. My main concern is the cloudiness. I have been working with the company that referred the installer and they were on it but now have dropped the ball. My pump is a 1hp. At this point I am wanting to just buy a new 1.5 or 2.0 horse power to help with the pool moving the water and just not wait on the company to come fix the equipment, one reason is they cannot find a casket clamp thingy to fit my filter. Do you recomend me getting a new pump and filter, what type and size? And what can I do to get the cloudiness under control before setting up for the winter months. As you can see I'm learning as I go and welcome all help. Thank you for any information you can give me.

"Good". "Max". and "High" don't mean anything.

You need real numbers before anything can be corrected. I know it's expensive, but a $100 dollar test kit will last more than a year and will save you thousands in uneeded pool store chemicals.

Hello, Its been a long process since Ive bought my above ground 24/52 pool. It always showed my ph was high, even before I added any chemicals, and th- hardness has always been the lowest on the chart as well, go figure. Well now I have other issues and all research Ive been reading I cant figure what to do now. A little background story, the company that I hired to install and hook up equipement were a nightmare. They hooked equipement up and filter and pump leaked, they would never come out to fix until the casket, on the filter just broke. We then turned the equipment off. (about 2 months now). Ive been actively keeping up with the chemicals and stirring and swimming to keep water moving. It was all doing well however the entire time PH and CYA was always high and TH was extremely low but water looked wonderful.
Now, PH and CYA are good and the water is getting cloudy and we have not been swimming. My readings today are:
FC-good
TC- HIGH
PH-good
TA- good
TH- Max
CYA- good
Im using the taylor test strips. I know several people dont think these are not acurate and I will be getting the better kit but for now this is what I am working with.

What can I do to clear up the cloudiness and to lowere tc and fix the hardness. My main concern is the cloudiness. I have been working with the company that referred the installer and they were on it but now have dropped the ball. My pump is a 1hp. At this point I am wanting to just buy a new 1.5 or 2.0 horse power to help with the pool moving the water and just not wait on the company to come fix the equipment, one reason is they cannot find a casket clamp thingy to fit my filter. Do you recomend me getting a new pump and filter, what type and size? And what can I do to get the cloudiness under control before setting up for the winter months. As you can see I'm learning as I go and welcome all help. Thank you for any information you can give me.
I retested and aklanity was extremly high, so I added muric acid and Ill see how it goes. I will be ordering a new kit to test. Thank you

"Good". "Max". and "High" don't mean anything.

You need real numbers before anything can be corrected. I know it's expensive, but a $100 dollar test kit will last more than a year and will save you thousands in uneeded pool store chemicals.
Yes I understand that I was trying to hurry and find help! Sorry about that. This week coming, I will be looking in to a new kit so I can know my exact numbers. I've added m acid for now, because after the strip sat for 1 hr it changed, so I retested and PH Aklanity was hign. Thank you

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.