Northwestern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30
Taylor has that BS shelf life warning in their website and we all know most reagents last way longer than one year. So indefinitely.

LaMotte has per a
per reagent shelf life page.

Do they use the same (or very very similar) reagents to a point we could use LaMotte’s shelf life to extrapolate the real shelf life for Taylor products?

I think it is difficult mapping the Taylor chemicals to equivalent Lamotte chemicals.

Going through the Lamotte list the vast majority of chemicals have 2 year expirations. That is consistent with what I do in replacing my Taylor chemicals every 2 years. I store them indoors when temperature is always in the 70s.

Reactions: AK- and magiteck
Two year replacements on the TF-100 and TF Pro would outwardly seem like a good suggestion. However, since these kits use Taylor chemistry exclusively, I think it is prudent to follow their lead and suggest one year and replace.

I think it might make TFTestkits seem a little cavalier to contradict Taylors guidelines.

Two year replacements on the TF-100 and TF Pro would outwardly seem like a good suggestion. However, since these kits use Taylor chemistry exclusively, I think it is prudent to follow their lead and suggest one year and replace.

I think it might make TFTestkits seem a little cavalier to contradict Taylors guidelines.
I wasn't suggesting TFTestkits contradicts Taylor.

Taylor is a bit too conservative on their shelf live.
Sometimes it is challenging is to explain to folks on a short budget that they should spend $54+SH every year on reagents.
That is specially true when most of don't really replace reagents every 12 months.

I wasn't suggesting TFTestkits contradicts Taylor.
Nor did I interpret it that way. My reply seems a bit snarky now that I re-read it. Didn't intend that.......sorry!

So I agree that a two year life probably makes more sense......it's just easier for us to follow Taylor's recommendations.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.