Apr 13, 2018
Houston, TX
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Turning over a new leaf this year after our first year of pool ownership. This site has helped me understand what my PB did not explain... CYA> 100 meant pump and refill last month, followed by SLAM; pool looks great and I'm becoming very familiar with my local WalMart's pool section.

As I've been running a bunch of tests lately and wanted to get prepped for the summer, I'm replacing most of my Taylor reagents with the larger 2 oz bottles....and it made me wonder, does Taylor (or other companies) make a test kit that ships with the 2 oz bottles rather than the 0.75 oz bottles? As I'm replacing, the 2 oz bottles don't fit into the test box!

Other question I've had: Why aren't there chlorine pucks available for the automatic feeders without stabilizer/CYA? I'm assuming it has something to do with the composition of holding the pucks together?

Welcome to the forum!

Chlorine is a gas. It must be attached to something. Trichlor (pucks) it is CYA as well as Dichlor, Cal Hypo it is attached to calcium, liquid chlorine/bleach it is attached to, water.
We recommend the use of liquid chlorine/bleach for daily maintenance.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Pool School eBook.

Reactions: txtroutbum
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.