Virginia
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I recently ordered the TFT Pro Kit, but just curious about the biggest differences between the two, and is the TFT Pro Kit the better and easier kit to use to test pool water? Currently, I am using test strips, but they are difficult to read, and am looking for more accurate results.

I am only a month into an in-group pool ownership, and am loving it.

The test strips are generally trash, so almost anything including guessing is probably better.

Both the K-2006 and the TF-Pro are based on Taylor reagents, but the TF-Pro has larger bottles of reagents and is optimized for the home pool owner rather than a professional managing a commercial pool.

Last edited:
I recently ordered the TFT Pro Kit, but just curious about the biggest differences between the two, and is the TFT Pro Kit the better and easier kit to use to test pool water? Currently, I am using test strips, but they are difficult to read, and am looking for more accurate results.

I am only a month into an in-group pool ownership, and am loving it.
They are the same tests and use the same reagents, so neither is easier than the other. The TFT Pro is an EXCELLENT choice.

Here is the best comparison:

And the TFPro comes with a $44 stirring device (which is AWESOME) for a similar price as the K2006C with no stirring device.

They are the same tests and use the same reagents, so neither is easier than the other. The TFT Pro is an EXCELLENT choice.

Is the best place to get refills online?

Also, when I am testing my FC chlorine, what is the process --- pretty simple and idiot proof? Is that and the pH the main things I am testing daily?

I read through the advice on this website --- I can't thank this website enough! My local pool shop is amazing as well, but I do enjoy testing on my own and plan to use my pool shop still monthly or so to check my levels along w/ my own testing.

Also, when I am testing my FC chlorine, what is the process --- pretty simple and idiot proof? Is that and the pH the main things I am testing daily
Yup. Here is the idiots guide, both for and written by. Names were redacted to protect the innocent, but between you and me, this is what happened at my house. Shhhhh. ;)

New to testing

FC Chlorine is the main chlorine I am paying attention to, right? I am currently using the chlorine tablets (bad, I know!), so as my level increases, I can cut back on the number of tablets. Simple/dumb questions, I know! :)

Reactions: Newdude
Simple/dumb questions, I know! :)
The only dumb questions are the ones you don't ask. They will create new issues, which of course we will help with also, but it's better for all of us to only have one task to handle.

Fire off any thoughts or musings anytime you are unsure of anything. :)

Reactions: hokiejaws07

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.