Tax return addition

As my Dad the pilot used to say... "You'll never see it from fifty thousand ft!" What will you have between the step and the pool deck? stepping stones and grass?
Probably just grass for now. Unless my wife decides she wants stepping stones. Then I’ll be doing those.

For the record: Wallethub.com has a listing of states by tax burden. Massachusetts ranks 22 at 8.76%. It has the 2nd lowest tax burden in the northeast after New Hampshire. It is only slightly higher than Arizona at 8.25%.

For the record: Wallethub.com has a listing of states by tax burden. Massachusetts ranks 22 at 8.76%. It has the 2nd lowest tax burden in the northeast after New Hampshire. It is only slightly higher than Arizona at 8.25%.

True, BUT. It’s the taxes on top of the fact that you need to make a bare minimum of 6 figures a year to afford a shack that leans to the left.

I would have moved if I could have, but I’m halfway to retirement and I’m not starting over at a new 🚒 fire department.

Texas would be happy to have a new first responder transplant, come enjoy the good life and leave the tax pit behind. Cheaper cost of living, no state income tax, inexpensive housing, plenty of jobs in North Texas for a hero!

Texas would be happy to have a new first responder transplant, come enjoy the good life and leave the tax pit behind. Cheaper cost of living, no state income tax, inexpensive housing, plenty of jobs in North Texas for a hero!
I’d love to come to Texas. We’ve got a list of places we’re considering for retirement homes. Both my wife and I are tired of the cold winters.

Pavers are here. Took a couple hours to figure out what pattern to go with but Here is what we decided on.

also, the granite fire pit tops are in. Will take picture in the morning I forgot to get one during the day.

Got some of the pavers down today. They get a bit warm sitting in the sun. You can also see the granite toppers. Still have to get the insert and add a few more layers to the pit but this should give an idea of what it will look like eventually.

Paver progress

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
All done. Just need to backfill. Did some in front of the pool house door and the shower. Still have a bunch left over.

fire pit insert gets here next Friday so I’ll be playing with that next weekend.

now to try and find some nice chairs to put around it.

That is pretty darned nice! I presume you going to put a pergola over it at some point?
We’re debating it now. My wife isnt sure she wants one or not, but she’d really like those string of lights that everyone’s been using. So who knows. Once she decides, then I’ll add that project to my list.

Reactions: mguzzy
We’re debating it now. My wife isnt sure she wants one or not, but she’d really like those string of lights that everyone’s been using. So who knows. Once she decides, then I’ll add that project to my list.
That looks like the same basic dimensions as my sand set paver patio... I put "those lights" in and the string runs along the periphery of the patio on three sides, the forth side is the house. I love it. We use it for entertaining in the evening all the time. I thought about putting in a block fire pit but decided I liked the kind that are on raised legs, and I can move it around or take it off the patio if I want the room.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.