My pool is about a month old so I can't really say what is normal for it. I have used the cover sporadically and we have had unusually cloudy days for most of that time anyway. I can say that for the first 3 weeks it was like clockwork. Test would be 2ppm at night so I added 2 cups of 10% each night to bring it up to 3ppm according to pool calculator. Now that I added some CYA I'm assuming a Target FC of 4ppm for the next week until I retest CYA level.

CC is 0. Water is crystal clear. I never knew the water could be this clear. ON a calm day with no surface disturbance the pool bottom looks eerie. Almost like the water is only 6" deep. Reminds me of those 3D Boggle eye drawings.

Is the OCLT the only definitive test to make sure there is no algae? Or do you think it is safe without performing an OCLT?

I would consider your loss normal.

Covering the pool drops the loss dramatically and is essential information to know when diagnosing.......as is that you are using 10% chlorine and not bleach as you posted earlier..

So, covered pool, loss of 1 ppm daily makes sense, Uncovered pool, loss of 2-3 ppm daily makes sense.

1.jpg

I have to make a confession. I didn't make this burger. Picked up the handle HamburgerChef many years ago playing Quake3 online. Made my opponents into hamburger hence the name. I do make a pretty decent smoked pork shoulder though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.