Target FC

Mustard algae is a particular type of algae that requires specialized treatment. It's a bit more resistant to chlorine than your standard green algae. Regardless of the type of algae, the elevated FC level of the SLAM Process is required first (passing 3 SLAM criteria) before doing the final 24-hr mustard algae treatment.

For clear pools with no algae, we maintain the appropriate FC level based on your current CYA as noted on the FC/CYA Levels. That ratio of FC to CYA is adequate enough to prevent algae in the majority of situations.

Thanks Pat, I was looking at Richard’s table (the link on the page you link above) of ratios and there seems to be a mustard level that is below slam but above target fc.

I see what you mean on that chart. I need to mention that to the gang here. That first MA column is for "minimum" level of MA treatment. We don't use that column. For those that have confirmed MA, they go right to teh SLAM FC level until they complete all 3 SLAM criteria, then increase to the MA level noted on the far right of the chart but only for 24 hrs. That higher ratio seems to have better impact on the MA.

Reactions: UKjames
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.