Taking the plunge!

N8tivetexan

Apr 18, 2019
Texas
Hi All,
Newbie here and never owned a pool. About to take the plunge and put one in. I need the simplest system and low maintenance as I am single and not mechanical! Attached as a file below and pictures.

Here is one bid I have received. Appreciate comments and suggestions very much!

Attachments

• Kerley_001.jpg
    Kerley_001.jpg
    534.9 KB · Views: 54
  • Kerley_008.jpg
    Kerley_008.jpg
    564.9 KB · Views: 51
  • Kerley_003.jpg
    Kerley_003.jpg
    483.1 KB · Views: 47
  • Kerley_005.jpg
    Kerley_005.jpg
    513.7 KB · Views: 41
N8tivetexan
Welcome to TFP. Others will have lot's of suggestions for you and you will get some good advice.
1. If it were my pool, I would loose the Pentair Racer® Pressure-Side In ground Pool Cleaner and replace instead with a good quality "Robot" cleaner.
2. Ensure the Pentair EasyTouch is NOT a "Lite" model (i.e. PL4). They do not list the version/model of the EasyTouch in the quote.
3. I would replace the Pentair-Rainbow 320 in-line chlorine feeder and opt instead for a Pentair IntelliChlor IC-20 (minimum) preferred (IMO) IC-40.
Good luck with your pool build.
r.

Thank you! Here is the 2nd bid I received that is much more detailed from another builder. Would appreciate your thoughts very much!

Attachments

• Bid pg 1.jpeg
    Bid pg 1.jpeg
    408.9 KB · Views: 46
  • Bid pg 3.jpeg
    Bid pg 3.jpeg
    414.3 KB · Views: 46
  • bid pg2.jpeg
    bid pg2.jpeg
    422.7 KB · Views: 45
N8tivetexan
This 2nd builder seems to want to use Jandy equipment in this new bid. Personally, I just prefer Pentair (probably just because I am more familiar with it). There are folks here on TFP that prefer Jandy and they know that equipment very well and can guide you along if you go with a Jandy Automation System. I just won't be of much help because the only Jandy equipment I have is a simple single-speed MaxHP pump that I use for my Spa Jet Pump now (one of the last "holdover's" from my old system). I will probably replace it with a new Pentair VS pump if it ever dies. :)
Good luck with your upcoming pool build... It looks like it will be a very nice pool from the proposed illustrations.
All-the-best
r.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.