Tagelus 1.5" MPV - threading on outside of ports??

ipfhliyl

Bronze Supporter
Jun 10, 2011
North Central Ohio, USA
I poked around quite a bit but couldn't find what fittings the threads are meant for. Called PB; he couldn't tell me either. I'm hoping it's not proprietary ...

The internal threading is for 1.5" male fittings; I was hoping the outside was for 2" female fitting, but no.

Any experts who might give me a lead?? Thanks!

1poolman1

In The Industry
Jul 14, 2014
Sacramento
If they are truly threads, they are for bulkhead fittings that Pentair used but I have not seen available separately for a while (and, being Pentair, were rather expensive). Try these if you want to have removable fittings for your filter: CMP 2 in. MIP x 2 in. PVC Hi-Temp Union UNHT20 21063-200-000 – 2 Pack

I have used them for years and they work well.

sktn77a

Gold Supporter
May 16, 2010
Chapel Hill, NC
I don't think they will work - the OP said his internal (female) fittings are 1.5". They make a similar union fitting in 1.5" but any 1.5" MIP fitting will work..

1poolman1

In The Industry
Jul 14, 2014
Sacramento
I don't think they will work - the OP said his internal (female) fittings are 1.5". They make a similar union fitting in 1.5" but any 1.5" MIP fitting will work..
Sorry for the mis-information. I meant these: CMP 1.5 in. MIP X 2 in. PVC Hi-Temp Union 21063-160-000. I especially like that, while you can use Teflon tape, they usually seal well with the "O" ring that comes with them

ipfhliyl

Bronze Supporter
Jun 10, 2011
North Central Ohio, USA
Sorry for the bad description. I was talking of the threads on the OUTSIDE of the port. The inside threads are 1.5" female that accepts 1.5" male PVC adapter. I finally got a response from Pentair (4 days) that they sell a union kit for which the outer threads are designed. It appears unavailable in single union (after searching usual online suspects), just 2- or 3-piece "kits" in which I have no interest.

I'll just get a 2x1.5 male adapter from the big box store (don't care to wait on shipping!!).

Thanks for the responses, anyway!!

ipfhliyl

Bronze Supporter
Jun 10, 2011
North Central Ohio, USA
Sorry for the late response. I did finally hear from Pentair; there is a union kit for the threads. Problem is I'd have to pay for 3 unions when I need only one. I've taken the simple 1.5" threaded male PVC route.