Tab Feeder doesn't seem to be working

Oct 29, 2015
Houston
I have the nature 2 fusion inground sanitizer/chlorine feeder. I noticed that recently, all my tests have been coming back showing that my pool is low on chlorine. I'll admit that most of the time, it's because the tabs have all dissolved up and I wasn't diligent in adding new tabs. I typically just throw in some shock and refill the feeder. I usually just set the feeder at level 1 since my pool is small enough that any higher would be too much. My pool water has been crystal clear so I wasn't concerned until now. To test the feeder this week, i turned it up to 6 for the past 2 days and my chlorine levels in my pool is still low (around 0.6). I'm not really sure how to check if the feeder is actually working. There are no leaks or anything so I have no clue what to do next.

Are the tablets dissolving in the feeder?

It sounds like you've let the FC get too low for your CYA and an algae bloom has started. Therefore it's burning up your FC as fast as the feeder can provide it.

Do you know what your CYA level is? The test needs to be a recent one as those tablets are constantly adding CYA to the water so it's constantly getting higher.

The beginnings of a bloom can be completely invisible.

The problem with pool store testing is that they are very unreliable especially with the CYA test.

It would be much better if you had your own test kit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.