Jwhidd25

Jan 16, 2021
Collierville TN
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I was cleaning off some calcium on our waterfall rocks using acid in a spray bottle, I was being very careful where I was spraying. By using the acid the ph dropped to 7.2 and alkalinity is at 50. Should I worry about trying to raise my alkalinity now or let it rise on its own? I usually have it around 70.

TA will only rise if you add or if your tap water has a higher TA... :)

what is your CSI and where does your PH like to live? if it likes 50 and your PH likes 7.6 leave it...

CSI now is -.63. I have never had it that low before. Usually my TA stays around 60-70. Ph usually stays around 7.8, it does creep up because of the waterfall. I usually add acid around 8.0 and drop to 7.5.

I added some acid last week to drop the ph a little and TA didn’t move off of 70.

I will keep at 50, raise the ph 7.6 and see what happens. It might like 50, I have never gone that low to try it out. This will be our first summer with the pool. Lots of trial and error is in my future I’m sure.

Y’all have be very helpful and I greatly appreciate it!

Reactions: cowboycasey
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.