TA question

Aug 30, 2016
Altoona, PA
Hello. My pool is finally Crystal clear after SLAMing a few weeks ago and my levels are all pretty much perfect.
I just want to make sure about the TA though. Pool Math says TA range should be 50-90+ and the card that comes with the test kit says 100-120 for a manual chlorine pool. So I'm just not sure where to set my target on the Pool Math calculator.
Also, do I stop counting as soon as it turns light pink or go till it's a darker pink (card says red).
My result this morning was 90 at light pink and 100 at darker pink.
I'm thinking I'm probably fine just letting it when it's at, but just wanted to see what you all use for your "target" on the calculator.
Thanks!

In general, 50 should probably be a hard minimum. Anything else should depend on your pH. If you notice your pH rising up to 8.0 during the week, you can consider lowering TA to help buffer the pH rise. 90-100 is a good place to start. If you get unhappy with acid dosing to keep pH down, reduce it a bit (it will naturally reduce with the acid additions).

Here are the current recommended levels, Pool School - Recommended Levels

You will probably want TA between 70 and 90. Keep adding acid to keep pH between 7.6 and 7.8 and your TA will slowly drop until pH and TA find equilibrium and the oh is more stable.

As long as TA is within the recommended range there is no reason to target anything for TA. Just manage pH.

For all drop based color change tests keep adding reagent until there is no change and then subtract the last drop.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.