Indio, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Ola , I have a question, at what PH level is it recommended to add acid? The PH on my water is 7.8 and TA is 100.
Should I add acid to lower the PH now and hopefully the TA adjusts. Or do I wait until PH is in the 8.2+ level to add acid?
The pool is not being used at all, I am just trying to maintain chemicals and maintain the pool clean.
Gracias!

Poolmom, according to your Poolmath test logs from a couple days ago, your "CSI" is at about +0.64 which means your pool is susceptible to scale. So yes, use enough muriatic acid to lower the pH to about 7.2, then let it increase on its own back to about 7.8 - 8.0. Then repeat that process. Each time you do that it should lower the TA a little. You can repeat that process every 2-4 days or so until your TA gets down to about 60-70. Once the TA is down to about 60 - 70, just keep the pH at about 7.6 - 7.8 and you should do fine.

Reactions: poolmom21
Poolmom, according to your Poolmath test logs from a couple days ago, your "CSI" is at about +0.64 which means your pool is susceptible to scale. So yes, use enough muriatic acid to lower the pH to about 7.2, then let it increase on its own back to about 7.8 - 8.0. Then repeat that process. Each time you do that it should lower the TA a little. You can repeat that process every 2-4 days or so until your TA gets down to about 60-70. Once the TA is down to about 60 - 70, just keep the pH at about 7.6 - 7.8 and you should do fine.
Ok. I just added acid to lower it to 7.2. When do I retest TA? Today or in 2-4 days when I retest PH?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.