Jul 31, 2013
NW Louisiana
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I have an OEM Salt Cell that is losing polarity on one side as the readings are almost none and then reading normally on the other side. So I believe that I am needing a new cell and not sure how much longer this one will last. Things have changed so much since I purchased my last cell (2018). I not only am unsure of the correct part number, but I also do not know where to pay a (semi) reasonable amount for it and have the advertised 3-year warranty honored by Hayward.

Every place I look online I see a Hayward OEM Cell defined as W3T-CELL-15 and lists a 3-year warranty. Is that truly accurate or does it matter where I purchase it? Is this cell built just like any other OEM cell that Hayward sells or is it remanufactured; possibly a shortened life expectancy?

For those that purchase an OEM Hayward cell, is the place of purchase important?

Thanks!

If u want to be sure to get the 3 yr warranty you need to go to a local Hayward dealer

If u decide to buy one online, be sure you are able to return it - you can check the serial # when u get it , the 1st number of the serial number is the length of warranty.

W3T-CELL-15 is the new model number and it should have a 3 year warranty regardless of where you buy it.

40k Turbo Cell, 15' Cable, 3-year warranty.

1658955449047.png

Model number GLX-CELL-15-W is a "Replacement" cell that has a 1 year warranty.

GLX-CELL-15-W is the cell Hayward gives you as a replacement for a failed regular cell under warranty.

Reactions: Mdragger88
I have an OEM Salt Cell that is losing polarity on one side as the readings are almost none and then reading normally on the other side. So I believe that I am needing a new cell and not sure how much longer this one will last. Things have changed so much since I purchased my last cell (2018). I not only am unsure of the correct part number, but I also do not know where to pay a (semi) reasonable amount for it and have the advertised 3-year warranty honored by Hayward.

Every place I look online I see a Hayward OEM Cell defined as W3T-CELL-15 and lists a 3-year warranty. Is that truly accurate or does it matter where I purchase it? Is this cell built just like any other OEM cell that Hayward sells or is it remanufactured; possibly a shortened life expectancy?

For those that purchase an OEM Hayward cell, is the place of purchase important?

Thanks!
There is also a tcell940 model that has a 4 year warranty. It has production capacity inline with the longer warranty as far as I understand it. Again - has to be purchased from a dealer.

So as long as the S/N shows a 3 in the first character, it has a 3 year warranty (regardless of where is is purchased)?

I did find this and I wanted to know if this is truly believable.

I can see why members would go to the non-OEM cells due to the confusion set forth by Hayward.

Last year I bought a new cell, and like you, was concerned with having a valid warranty. I ended up ordering from Leslies online and had no trouble registering it with Hayward for the 3 year warranty.

With some of the sites I checked out, it was confusing as to exactly which cell they were selling and what the warranty actually was.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.