SWP-Pro Logic PS8 does not turn on Acid Dispenser

jbuell

Apr 18, 2024
Atlanta
I have a Salt Water Pool with a Hayward Pro Logic PS8 that tells the Acid Dispenser to turn on and its not doing that. Our Acid dispenser is a Hayward AGL-CHEM2-120 (Steiner acid pump). It has been working fine, now all of a sudden the acid pump doesn't turn on.

I unplugged the acid pump from the PS8 and can operate it manually, but once it is plugged into the PS8, it doesn't work.

What needs to be done to get the Pro Logic PS8 to tell the acid feeder to turn on?

Do you hear the relay click when the controller tries to turn it on? If not, could be a bad relay or relay driver. You should be able to use the manual button to test this.

Do you have a spare relay you can move to?

I have a Salt Water Pool with a Hayward Pro Logic PS8 that tells the Acid Dispenser to turn on and its not doing that. Our Acid dispenser is a Hayward AGL-CHEM2-120 (Steiner acid pump). It has been working fine, now all of a sudden the acid pump doesn't turn on.

I unplugged the acid pump from the PS8 and can operate it manually, but once it is plugged into the PS8, it doesn't work.

What needs to be done to get the Pro Logic PS8 to tell the acid feeder to turn on?

What is the condition of the sensors? When were they last cleaned? The Sense and Dispense may not be getting a signal indicating that acid is needed.

Attachments

• Sense-Dispense_TSG.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 2

Do you hear the relay click when the controller tries to turn it on? If not, could be a bad relay or relay driver. You should be able to use the manual button to test this.

Do you have a spare relay you can move to?
No I don't hear the relay click and no I don't have a spare one.