Swim Spa - Alkalinity is Low But PH is High

Liquid chlorine gives you a higher concentration and less jugs to lug.

The Smart Stir makes testing easier and more accurate.

Forget the test strips. Get the K-1766 Taylor Salt Test The salt test chemicals are stable and will last years.

If you want all of that then get the TF-Pro *Salt with SmartStir-for pools with SWG where it is all bundled in a nice box.

I wasnt going to get the smart stir at first but if its really worth it, I guess it makes sense since I only need to buy it once. Without the smart stir I can save a lot of money going with the tf-100 though, especially considering i already have the taylor complete kit for bromine, how much of a difference does the smart stir make? Most of the time I cant get a precise reading anyways, is it really going to help me if I am a novice?

Having the stirrer gives more consistency to your testing rather then all the shaking trying to mix the chemicals between drops. It makes the whole process easier just setting the test vial on the stirrer and putting one drop in at a time watching for the color change. Versus the two hand dance of drop, shake, check color, drop, shake, check color....

It is not required but makes my life easier.

Having the stirrer gives more consistency to your testing rather then all the shaking trying to mix the chemicals between drops. It makes the whole process easier just setting the test vial on the stirrer and putting one drop in at a time watching for the color change. Versus the two hand dance of drop, shake, check color, drop, shake, check color....

It is not required but makes my life easier.

Oh nice, that sounds pretty helpful actually. That is the biggest pain to try and mix properly between drops so this would be nice. Not sure what I am going to get, it says smart stir in half the details and then also says speedstir not smartstir on the same page, not sure if they are different brands or the speedstir is replacing the smartstir because of supply issues, I just hope what I get is as good as what you have.

Thanks much, I ordered the pro kit, I figure its going to come in handy when I add a full size pool to my testing regiment soon. I was searching for discount codes and saw you get a $10 off when you become a $30 bronze member so I took the opportunity to also support this website which has already been extremely helpful so far!

Smart Stir and Speed Stir are different brands and basically the same. Either will work fine. I think TFT includes whatever is available at the time.

Thanks you for supporting TFP.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.