Swim Jet or Endless Pools Fastlane

Prestige Worldwide

Aug 3, 2019
Milton WI
Good Day
We are in the planning process of our pool. Trying to decide Badu II or Endless Pools Fastlane. Does anyone have experience that they could share? Don't want to spend a lot of money and be unhappy. Have heard that the jets are easy to overcome and not as smooth as the fastlane. Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Reactions: jberger
We installed a Badu Stream II 3 jet 2 pump system when our pool was built last year. I used to swim competitively a long time ago and was also concerned about over swimming or an unnatural feel with lots air bubbles etc. based on the videos and info I had seen. I had heard more good things about the Endless Pool system but hated the stainless steel contraption look oil drive lines erc. and we wanted a salt water pool and the is a lot mixed reviews and opinions on the Endless pool systemin a salt water pool. I spoke with the Badu folks a few times with a million questions. They were helpful, particularly the tech support engineer.

I ended going with the 3 jet Stream system for the wider sweet spot and increased flow with two 4 hp pumps. This system also required 6” pipes much to the dismay of our builder. I figured I’d feel more “jipped” with an expensive system that wasn't adequate than spending a bit more on the system that might be more than I needed. I’m glad I did because you want to run the system without air to get the most natural flow and feel with visibility. The smaller systems might need the air for more flow, but I can get the flow and resistance I want without any air injection and a clear stream. Also, I am not usually running it wide open for a nice pace. It took a while to dial in the aim and flow etc., but I got it. I cannot over swim this system. I would have to sprint to get 2-3 feet from the wall and then would be blasted in the face or the air knocked out of me in the gut ... or worse...

The other part of this is pool design and size. This 3 jet system could be too much for a pool smaller than mine ~11K gallons, especially if its an irregular shape. Turbulence for the return flow could be an issue. The width of the pool may be most important. I’d say no less than 10 feet wide and the deeper the better. And things like steps and swim outs or even flow on your returns will affect the settling of the current. The Badu tech guy also recommended a lane line on the bottom for visual reference.

I cannot say that a 2 jet single pump system would not have been adequate... but I have my doubts. I don't think it would be as versatile for pace etc. The system is also great for water aerobics and .... mixing chemicals. Too me, this system makes the pool special. I wanted to be able to use it for exercise and fitness.

I was thinking about posting more info with videos here at some point. But here is a pic of our pool with the jet location circled in red for now with a clip of me swimming into it at a moderate pace ~2/3 flow.

Attachments

• 98159933-70E0-4EE6-9C6E-C268633B82BB.jpeg
    98159933-70E0-4EE6-9C6E-C268633B82BB.jpeg
    544.5 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Reactions: OhYeah and S-Merry
We installed a Badu Stream II 3 jet 2 pump system when our pool was built last year. I used to swim competitively a long time ago and was also concerned about over swimming or an unnatural feel with lots air bubbles etc. based on the videos and info I had seen. I had heard more good things about the Endless Pool system but hated the stainless steel contraption look oil drive lines erc. and we wanted a salt water pool and the is a lot mixed reviews and opinions on the Endless pool systemin a salt water pool. I spoke with the Badu folks a few times with a million questions. They were helpful, particularly the tech support engineer.

I ended going with the 3 jet Stream system for the wider sweet spot and increased flow with two 4 hp pumps. This system also required 6” pipes much to the dismay of our builder. I figured I’d feel more “jipped” with an expensive system that wasn't adequate than spending a bit more on the system that might be more than I needed. I’m glad I did because you want to run the system without air to get the most natural flow and feel with visibility. The smaller systems might need the air for more flow, but I can get the flow and resistance I want without any air injection and a clear stream. Also, I am not usually running it wide open for a nice pace. It took a while to dial in the aim and flow etc., but I got it. I cannot over swim this system. I would have to sprint to get 2-3 feet from the wall and then would be blasted in the face or the air knocked out of me in the gut ... or worse...

The other part of this is pool design and size. This 3 jet system could be too much for a pool smaller than mine ~11K gallons, especially if its an irregular shape. Turbulence for the return flow could be an issue. The width of the pool may be most important. I’d say no less than 10 feet wide and the deeper the better. And things like steps and swim outs or even flow on your returns will affect the settling of the current. The Badu tech guy also recommended a lane line on the bottom for visual reference.

I cannot say that a 2 jet single pump system would not have been adequate... but I have my doubts. I don't think it would be as versatile for pace etc. The system is also great for water aerobics and .... mixing chemicals. Too me, this system makes the pool special. I wanted to be able to use it for exercise and fitness.

I was thinking about posting more info with videos here at some point. But here is a pic of our pool with the jet location circled in red for now with a clip of me swimming into it at a moderate pace ~2/3 flow.

Hi! I know this is an old post, but I appreciated your contribution as we are in early planning stages for a pool and I feel the swim jets are a must have. How has your system held up? What are your overall pool dimensions? Thanks!

Wow I had no idea a system such as the "Badu" existed. I would be extremely interested to get more info on it as well. The design of the combined suction/jet fitting is very compelling to me. Im sure my pool builder will hate me wanting to add yet another cool thing I saw on the internet to my build but its only money right? lol

Last edited:
I recommend checking out the Riverflow system Current Systems.
I did a lot of research for my own pool and concluded that it was the best option for me. So far it has been working great. I posted a blog on the pool build and construction: Another new pool in Southern Ca
that will work for the Gunite pool owner. But on fiberglass I can't imagine 3 12" holes would work well, lol. Plus I think I saw that system is almost 20k.

For anyone interested in the system themselves I broached it to the pb and found out the "Badu" is made by a company called speck who manufactures the pump system that drives Badu and there's quite a range of options. The "stream" is the best one for my application its just choosing between 1, 2 or 3 jets (1 or 2 pump system) I think im going to go with the 2 jet 1 pump system however as that will be more than enough for most of our activities and I should be able to get it for under 4500 installed which isn't a bad investment all things considered. Trying to see if we can get away with 4" plumbing or if we have to go to 6". the amount of 90* turns on where I want to position it on the pool are what dictates that.

All in all pretty neat streamline system, hope its worth the investment. Would never have heard of it without this site so appreciate that.

also (not sure if I can link them on this site or not) there's quite a bit of sponsored and private videos about it on YouTube, was kind of nice to see some real world takes on it.

that will work for the Gunite pool owner. But on fiberglass I can't imagine 3 12" holes would work well, lol. Plus I think I saw that system is almost 20k.
Ah, that's true, I would not say impossible, but would certainly require some work. The return boxes are actually fiberglass, so it might be possible to glue them into the shell. However you are also correct about the cost, it's probably between $20-30k depending on just how much 12" pipe you need.

In my search I also came across a pool builder that had built a swim current using a pair of standard 3HP pool pumps and a plain return. He sent me a video but I never was able to actually see the setup in person.

Hi! I know this is an old post, but I appreciated your contribution as we are in early planning stages for a pool and I feel the swim jets are a must have. How has your system held up? What are your overall pool dimensions? Thanks!
Hi. @BriBry521. Our Badu 3 jet stream system has held up well for 3 1/2 yrs so far. No issues. The only thing seems to be that the pump motor mount base is prone to rust. I treated and painted those to prevent it from progressing.

The main pool is about 10x28 but we also have a sunshelf. In addition to swimming and water resistance aerobics its handy for mixing pool chemicals 😉. I am not sure I’d have a pool without it.

I restored the link to a swim demo with the Badu System all air turned off. You don‘t want the aeration when you swim against it.

Last edited:
Reactions: BriBry521

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi. @BriBry521. Our Badu 3 jet stream system has held up well for 3 1/2 yrs so far. No issues. The only thing seems to be that the pump motor mount base is prone to rust. I treated and painted those to prevent it from progressing.

The main pool is about 10x28 but we also have a sunshelf. In addition to swimming and water resistance aerobics its handy for mixing pool chemicals 😉. I am not sure I’d have a pool without it.

I restored the link to a swim demo with the Badu System all air turned off. You don‘t want the aeration when you swim against it.

Thank's so much for the update and the great video! We are planning a 3 jet Badu system as well that will be installed early 2023. We will do the piping and motor upgrades as you suggested. Did you know what your spacing was between each of the jets (center to center)?

Reactions: BriBry521

Thanks so very much @ckendalls! Apologies for my delay. We are getting our second quote and the designer steered me away saying any system needed 12” pipe and we’d be talking 20k or more. I’ve now been through some of Badu’s info and it doesn’t seem 12” is required at all. What was a ballpark figure for your install?

Thanks so very much @ckendalls! Apologies for my delay. We are getting our second quote and the designer steered me away saying any system needed 12” pipe and we’d be talking 20k or more. I’ve now been through some of Badu’s info and it doesn’t seem 12” is required at all. What was a ballpark figure for your install?
4 yrs ago our equipment/install on a new pool was about 8-9K. I have never seen a requirement for 12”. Our system is 6” pipe. It was borderline for 4-6 inches. Plenty of power.

Thank's so much for the update and the great video! We are planning a 3 jet Badu system as well that will be installed early 2023. We will do the piping and motor upgrades as you suggested. Did you know what your spacing was between each of the jets (center to center)?
Our jets were installed about 11” apart center to center.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.