Montgomery Tx
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Pool was just finished about 4 months ago here in Texas and thinking of converting to Swg because of the convenience . The reason for not getting it at the build because of stories of corrosion. After getting on here I’m seeing that my be false . My whole system is jandy with the IAqualink . Should I stay with a jandy swg or can you recommend something better that will work with my automation?

Attachments

• 8C801F4C-B473-4627-B1C7-0D4A8106EC5F.jpeg
    8C801F4C-B473-4627-B1C7-0D4A8106EC5F.jpeg
    767 KB · Views: 28
My first reaction would be to stick with a Jandy product for the connectivity concerns. However I don't know if there are any other products that will interface just as well. :scratch: Maybe someone else here can confirm.
Thank you sir . I see that you are in Texas and have a salt pool . Is the swg rough on the pool materials ? Worried about my material on and around pool being effected from the salt

Get either the Nature2 FusionSoft 1400 or the Jandy PLC1400. Both are essentially the same thing and both are fully compatible with iAqualink. You'll need both the SWG cell/unit and the APUREM power supply. If you choose the Nature2 don't use the mineral cartridge portion of the vessel just leave it capped off as it comes. The SWG portion is identical to the PLC1400. Sometimes the FusionSoft is cheaper because they think you will buy expensive mineral cartridge consumables.

Reactions: Texas Splash
Get either the Nature2 FusionSoft 1400 or the Jandy PLC1400. Both are essentially the same thing and both are fully compatible with iAqualink. You'll need both the SWG cell/unit and the APUREM power supply. If you choose the Nature2 don't use the mineral cartridge portion of the vessel just leave it capped off as it comes. The SWG portion is identical to the PLC1400. Sometimes the FusionSoft is cheaper because they think you will buy expensive mineral cartridge consumables.
Thank you sir

I cant speak from a longterm SWG owner perspective but so far, (4+ months), no issues whatsoever. I received tons of pushback from my PB stayed the course and very glad that I did.

How do you like the Polaris Alpha IQ+?

Is the swg rough on the pool materials ?
Not at all. The sodium content (~3,500 ppm) is minimal and causes no ill side effects. In fact, many liquid chlorine pools also find their sodium levels very close to a pool with a SWG due to the sodium content in liquid chlorine/bleach. Over time it just increases, but some folks don't realize that.

Reactions: BowserB
Walter, I can't account for pool builders being anti-salt. Mine was and "warned" me that he strongly advised against a SWCG and that I could expect warranty issues if I went that way. I'm short of a year since I had mine retrofitted and so far so good. I had planned to seal the coping, but I haven't gotten around to it. If the other person in the house doesn't bring it up, I'll probably continue to forget. One thing to remember. Water chemistry is even more important with a SWCG. Read the SWCG forum here for stories, but I have first hand reports from a couple people who had cell failures within a couple years. Knowing both of those people, it is very likely they did not pay attention to their water chemistry. Use your test kit and also get a K1766 salt test kit. Do a full test weekly; Chlorine and pH more often, especially when getting the SWCG "dialed in."

I cant speak from a longterm SWG owner perspective but so far, (4+ months), no issues whatsoever. I received tons of pushback from my PB stayed the course and very glad that I did.

How do you like the Polaris Alpha IQ+?
It’s been great so far . No issues at all . Wish it would go up on my lounge area though . But water dept is only about 9in
Not at all. The sodium content (~3,500 ppm) is minimal and causes no ill side effects. In fact, many liquid chlorine pools also find their sodium levels very close to a pool with a SWG due to the sodium content in liquid chlorine/bleach. Over time it just increases, but some folks don't realize that.
Perfect . Thank you

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.