SWG Wiring Help

mjbarr99

Silver Supporter
Mar 20, 2016
Albuquerque, NM
I will be using my existing Intermatic ET1725C which was used for my Stenner pump for wiring my RJ45+ SWG. My Stenner was plugged into the top left outlet which was connected to term 3 and 4. I removed those wires that controlled the Stenner outlet so I could connect the SWG to those terminals. (I didn't order the 110 plug option & changed the voltage on the controller to 120) The outlet on the right has the bottom plug hot and the top plug connected to term 5 and 6 and now both left outlets are hot. Now I don't have power on term 3 and 4 when it's programmed to come on of if I manually turn it on. Do I need to swap the black and white wire on the RJ45+? I wanted to get an answer before trying it since I don't want to damage the controller.

Attachments

• IMG_0823.jpg
    IMG_0823.jpg
    618.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0824.jpg
    IMG_0824.jpg
    596.5 KB · Views: 15
I can’t figure out where all the wires go in your picture.

For 120V wiring black wire is hot and switched. White wire is the neutral. All neutrals should be tied together and not switched. So only black wires run through the timer.

I can’t figure out where all the wires go in your picture.

For 120V wiring black wire is hot and switched. White wire is the neutral. All neutrals should be tied together and not switched. So only black wires run through the timer.
Allen, so I would wire nut the white wire from the RJ45+ to the other white wires? I included another pic to try to clarify

Attachments

• Timer Wiring.pdf
    508.1 KB · Views: 8
What model Intermatic timer is that?

You have two wire nuts. One wire nut ties all the neutrals together. The other wire nut ties together hot wires? You have to figure out where those wires go to from the wire nut.

It looks like the wires from the CB do not go directly to contacts on the timer.

The white wire on 4 should join the other neutrals on the wire nut.

You have all the hot wires confused on the timer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.