Rage4order

May 10, 2021
San Antonio, Tx
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I currently have the pool in my signature. With chlorine prices constantly rising, I want a SWG system. I've had one before so I have a general knowledge of them. I'm looking for recommendations on brand/models, BUT, I don't wanna spend $1,000 on one. I'm looking in the $200-400 range if possible. The one I have in mind now is the Intex QS1200 which it says is good for up to 15k gallons. Would that be sufficient? Pros? Cons? I will add I'm in South Texas where summers are brutal, so it will need to keep up the chlorine production.

I currently have the pool in my signature. With chlorine prices constantly rising, I want a SWG system. I've had one before so I have a general knowledge of them. I'm looking for recommendations on brand/models, BUT, I don't wanna spend $1,000 on one. I'm looking in the $200-400 range if possible. The one I have in mind now is the Intex QS1200 which it says is good for up to 15k gallons. Would that be sufficient? Pros? Cons? I will add I'm in South Texas where summers are brutal, so it will need to keep up the chlorine production.
Not familiar with that one and looks like the cheapest cirupool ones are around $1000 :(
Be cautious on spending a little only to have to toss it in a year and buy something else.

Maybe someone here is familiar with that brand

In order to keep chlorine you have to make sure you alkalinity and ph are good low alkalinity and chlorine disappear also make sure your pool is stabilized
Going for a underated swg you veill destroy the cell faster .the rating HAS TO BE above your pool size

Last edited:
Reactions: markayash
Reactions: PoolStored
In order to keep chlorine you have to make sure you alkalinity and ph are good low alkalinity and chlorine disappear also make sure your pool is stabilized
Going for a underated swg you veill destroy the cell faster .the rating HAS TO BE above your pool size
Alkalinity and pH don’t affect the life of chlorine in the pool in any way.

Reactions: YippeeSkippy
I used various Intex SWGs back when I had an aboveground pool. You'll typically get 2 seasons out of one. You used to be able to get a replacement cell directly from Intex support for $75. But often I would find the entire SWG in the clearance section of the big box stores at the end of the season for around the same price. So I always kept a spare on hand.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.