Apr 15, 2024
Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi everyone,

is the Aquarite S3 option worth the investment, or should I consider another brand that's more budget-friendly??

Thanks

Canada dollars

Standard Salt System
• Hayward AquaRite 25k
$1999+ tax

Premium Salt System w/automation
• Hayward AquaRite S3
$2149+tax

Premium Salt System w/automation/app
• Hayward AquaRite S3 Omni

$2899+tax

What automation, if any, do you have currently?

Can you fill out your signature so we can see what equipment you're working with? You can see mine for an example.

Hi, I don't have any automation

I just want a simple setup to switch from using bleach to a salt generator

I prefer something budget-friendly but still of good quality

Too many brands and models !

Hello everyone

I'm looking to replace my liquid chlorine system with a salt system

It's not easy; there seem to be many brands out there
Should I stick with well-known brands that are more expensive, or are there smaller trusted brands worth considering?

I don't need a lot of fancy gadgets, just the basics I believe.

Thanks

Some people like to stick with the equipment brand they have, but you don’t have to. General recommendation is to get one that is for twice your pool water amount. So if you have a 15000 gallon pool get one that is for 30000 or higher. I have the Pentair IC 60 for my pool and it works well.

Reactions: Mackside
If you have a spa and/or any other water features, the Hayward automation is very cool and easy to use... but much more involved (and expensive) of an install. Also, looks like you have a giant pool. The biggest salt cell you can get with Hayward is rated for 40k gallons. I wouldn't go with the smaller cell if I was you, at minimum the tcell 940.

If you have a spa and/or any other water features, the Hayward automation is very cool and easy to use... but much more involved (and expensive) of an install. Also, looks like you have a giant pool. The biggest salt cell you can get with Hayward is rated for 40k gallons. I wouldn't go with the smaller cell if I was you, at minimum the tcell 940.

Hi, I just recalculated my pool size. The previous owner mentioned that it was 90,000 liters, but to confirm, I measured the perimeter and depth. It turns out that my pool is actually only 15,000 gallons, which is approximately 52,000 liters , I could go with 40k anyway

Hi, I just recalculated my pool size. The previous owner mentioned that it was 90,000 liters, but to confirm, I measured the perimeter and depth. It turns out that my pool is actually only 15,000 gallons, which is approximately 52,000 liters , I could go with 40k anyway
Oh, your signature said 60k gallons. I would go with the 40k. It's not that much more expensive and will likely last you alot longer. They're easy to change once installed btw. Just two unions. Good luck.

Reactions: Mackside
Some people like to stick with the equipment brand they have, but you don’t have to. General recommendation is to get one that is for twice your pool water amount. So if you have a 15000 gallon pool get one that is for 30000 or higher. I have the Pentair IC 60 for my pool and it works well.
Ok thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi again

I have a 14,000-gallon pool
Would a 25,000-gallon cell be sufficient, or is it significantly better to opt for the 40,000-gallon one? Interestingly, the 40,000-gallon option is available at the same price as an open-box item, but replacement cells are very more expensive