Casa Grande, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Bought a bestway above ground pool from costco and thinking about going to saltwater.
Its 16x32 and 14,000 gallons.

What generator does everyone recommend?

Big pool. Is it hard plumbed?
Can you update your signature? Shows a 2800 gallon Intex.

I don't have automation and probably not planning on it.

It is a huge pool.
It is not hard plumbed

Signature should show 13798 gallons now.

Attachments

• pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    356 KB · Views: 7
That’s a pretty big pool. The recommendation is a swg rated for at least 2x’s your pool’s volume so a 30k gal rated unit would fit the bill or larger if you can afford it.
The largest intex unit is rated for 15k gallons so you would need to run two of them which would be almost as costly as a more robust longer lasting system like circupool or pureline.
To use a standard saltwater chlorine generator you will need some hard plumbing coming from the filter to the return as you would need to connect to pvc unions that are attached to the cell & also glue in a flow switch.
What kind of pump will you be using?
You’re signature is still the old one

Im using the pump and sand filter that came with the pool.
Signature is updated.
Reading about swg, seems the cheap ones are junk and don't last and good ones are 900-1200

With all salt water chlorine generating systems you’re paying for the rare earth metals in the cell & of course the controller. The more of the metals the longer they live, the more output they have & the more expensive they are.
There are:
*the big name brands which are usually the most expensive (ie- hayward, pentair, jandy)
* the more well known “generics” (ie circupool, pureline, calimar) which many have had good success/decent cell life with
* the cheaper generics (blue works & many others)
Circupool has multiple lines- some are more “premium” than others which is reflected in their warranties & prices. They also don’t penalize your warranty for diy as some of the big name brands do.
Here’s a good comparison chart with outputs, warranties, etc to get an idea.
& one I made a couple months ago that includes the higher end generics (pureline,calimar) - note that prices fluctuate constantly
IMG_6037.jpeg

Do you have automation or plan on adding in the future?

These are so cheap how do I not go automation ?

These are so cheap how do I not go automation ?
I’m not too familiar with that wi-fi timer, but as far as I know, you still wouldn’t be restricted to brands if you went that route. However, if you went with an automation system like the Pentair EasyTouch, then you’d probably want to pair it with something like their IC SWGs

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.