SWG Reading 95F, but water is 80F. No heater.

NYkidney

Jun 1, 2019
Endicott, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I have a MS-11 SWG, and it's been working well so far this season. It just started reading the water temp very high compared to actual. It's reading in the mid-90s, but water is barely 80F. I do not have a heater. the CompuPool GRC40GH is at least four years old, and likely older. It still reads salt fairly accurately, but it has been dropping slightly.
Cause for concern?
Any way ideas on repair, if possible?

I have it set to pull 50/50 from skimmer and bottom. That's the way I've always had it, and have never seen temps like this. But I did switch it to full bottom drain, just to see what it does. Thanks for the idea.

Reactions: Oly
I have a MS-11 SWG, and it's been working well so far this season. It just started reading the water temp very high compared to actual. It's reading in the mid-90s, but water is barely 80F. I do not have a heater. the CompuPool GRC40GH is at least four years old, and likely older. It still reads salt fairly accurately, but it has been dropping slightly.
Cause for concern?
Any way ideas on repair, if possible?
Salt reading is compensated by temp. So Voltage, Current and Temp all used in the salt calculation by computer, if your temp reading is wrong, it will affect the salt reading.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.