SWG pools / outdoors/ ORP probes

HDPOOLS

In The Industry
Oct 14, 2017
florida
I've read some posts regarding my title and am interested in options for my residential pools with Intellichems . it looks like you suggest higher cya than Pentair suggests and probe issues. I also have Commercial accounts with cat systems but they are mostly chlorine pools. What are my best options using this equiptment with probes?

hd,

Sorry you don't have any answers yet... I suspect that is because most of our members do not have ORP systems. Our recommendation to most new pool builders is not to use the ORP systems because of the problems caused by high CYA and the need for constant calibration and replacement.

Most of our members are home/pool owners and not professional pool maintainers, so our experience with those systems are somewhat limited.

Thanks for posting.. Let's hope my post will help generate some better feedback from our member in the know...

Jim R.

You will have to follow Pentair's recommendations for a low CYA value due to the CYA fouling up the ORP probes if you want to use ORP.

If you choose to not use ORP then you can follow our chemical recommendations.

That is correct for the SWCG. Really do not need to adjust it very often. I adjust mine a few times in the spring, leave it steady for most of June, July, August, September, and then ramp down in late September.

The pH probe is not effected by the CYA. It needs to be cleaned occasionally and you should do your own testing often to be sure it is working. They last about two years, at most.

Take care.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.