Sep 12, 2021
Toronto, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hey everyone.
I've read some great threads on here as to why salt and Chlorine pools have different CYA/FC chart values. Out of curiosity, apart from shortening the salt cell life, is there any concern using the chlorine pool FC/cya chart for a salt water pool?
I ask because the user guide for my SWG indicates the recommended CYA level to be at 10 - 50 ppm, which isn't a recommended level for SWG's at TFP. If I were to use 50 ppm for CYA then I'd shoot for the chlorine pool FC level (6-8 ppm).

I'll follow the advice at TFP (like always) ;), yet my curiosity has been peaked.

is there any concern using the chlorine pool FC/cya chart for a salt water pool?
Nope. The key is the FC/CYA ratio. Keep your FC at 7.5% of CYA or above and there is likely to be few issues.

In your climate, you also will likely get away with a lower CYA. It will not work in my climate!

Reactions: Northern cannonball
Nope. The key is the FC/CYA ratio. Keep your FC at 7.5% of CYA or above and there is likely to be few issues.

In your climate, you also will likely get away with a lower CYA. It will not work in my climate!
Thanks mknauss. Good to know. I'd love a warmer climate year round. ;) That said, I'd better get back in the pool and enjoy it while i can!

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.