SWG on with no flow

crazydive

Bronze Supporter
Jun 18, 2015
San Diego/CA
Moved from here.
What about the situation when the SWCG is installed after the pool/spa valve? My IntelliChlor does power off when everything is off, however when I switch system to spa mode, water is redirected and doesn't go trough the SWCG and the IntellipH injector, but the unit is still on and showing no flow (obviously). Is that an issue?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I would suggest you go into your automation and lower the % generation of the SWCG in Spa mode to 0.

In most cases, it is best that the SWCG be installed so it can chlorinate whether in Pool or Spa mode.

Hi

I’m sorry for trying to reactivate an old threat.

My SWCG is set that way on the programming level so theoretically all should be good. How would you judge the physical layer of the connection. Can this cause some problems that the cell is powered on when in spa mode and set to zero with no flow?

It should be no issue. Sad part is no chlorination while using the spa. It is a small volume and the FC can be consumed quickly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.