SWG Newbie

Jun 12, 2014
Sharpsville, IN
So we are a chlorine pool currently ... We are thinking of switching to an SWG to take the headache out for me. I've been told by a fellow pool owner that yes it isn't expensive up front for the equipment but after that the only thing I have to buy is annual salt and then MA if my PH spikes?

Is this true?

Pretty much. You may have to run your pump longer at times to create the chlorine you need. You still must test regularly and adjust the SWCG generation and monitor your overall chemistry. Your signature has a ? mark for volume, you need a good number for that to decide what SWCG model to get. The SWCG must be rated for at least 2X your pool volume.

That is exactly true :)

All chlorine will cost just about the same after 5 years and if your cell lasts longer than that your getting free chlorine... You do have to run your pump longer but that depends on the size of cell you get :)

Pretty much. You may have to run your pump longer at times to create the chlorine you need. You still must test regularly and adjust the SWCG generation and monitor your overall chemistry. Your signature has a ? mark for volume, you need a good number for that to decide what SWCG model to get. The SWCG must be rated for at least 2X your pool volume.
I'm guessing it's a 40k pool - Free Form & 10 Feet Deep - No CLUE how to even measure it's gallons.

you never "have" to run 24/7 You can if you want to...

To find out how many gallons measure how long and wide the pool is and make an make an average rectangle pool width and length..

To find the depth average the depth, so 3.6 to 10 feet is about 6 foot average...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.