SwG install switch placement question

DSK

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 29, 2014
Havre De Grace, Maryland
Hi, I am preparing to buy a SWG, I keep changing mind , I was thinking the newest greatest Core series then the Ege 40 but now leaning back towards RJ 45 plus. Anyhoo, looking at my setup I don’t think I have enough room to put cell and flow switch together without modifying the setup beyond adding the SWG system. I want to put the cell on red marked pipe which is 19” long between the elbows. The yellow marked pipe is only 5” between elbows so I think it’s too short for flow switch. I was thinking of putting flow switch before the multi port on the blue marked pipe which is 9.5”. So I wanted to ask for suggestions or options, I’m sure someone got at least one. Thanks.

34B7C09C-3E22-427F-88BA-BA04FDB61E08.jpeg

I would put the cell at the red pipe and the flow switch at the yellow pipe. I would replace the elbow between the red pipe and the yellow pipe to make assembly easier.

You can't put it in the blue pipe because it would be possible for there to be flow in the blue pipe and not in the red and yellow pipe (backwash)...

Thanks,

Jim R.

DSK, here was my install: Circupool RJ-45 Plus Install.

My line was tight. As you can see, I placed the flow switch after the cell so that the cell would count as part of the minimum 6-12 inches of straight line required per the manual. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you would want the flow switch on the blue pipe even if you could do it because in theory, if something was off on the MPV (i.e. recirculate or to waste) water could flow through the switch and not the cell (no good). In any case, good luck on the install.

Reactions: markayash
I have the Edge40 but with a 27K pool you may want a bigger size. You may want to look at the RJ-60.

One suggestion, since you had a Chlorinator connected I would consider cutting it at the ground and redoing everything. I agree the cell at the red and flow switch at the yellow but clean it up while you at it.

DSK, here was my install: Circupool RJ-45 Plus Install.

My line was tight. As you can see, I placed the flow switch after the cell so that the cell would count as part of the minimum 6-12 inches of straight line required per the manual. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you would want the flow switch on the blue pipe even if you could do it because in theory, if something was off on the MPV (i.e. recirculate or to waste) water could flow through the switch and not the cell (no good). In any case, good luck on the install.

Thanks I looked at the write up, Well done. I understand about what you mean about putting it on the blue pipe. Looking at your set up I may be able to squeeze it in there together on the red pipe but I also see the vertical install Option for tight places. I could do that as well an be done with it I’m I not sure if I want it sticking up in the air. I also checked my current pipes and they are 1 1/2 pipes so I have that to configure to.

I have the Edge40 but with a 27K pool you may want a bigger size. You may want to look at the RJ-60.

One suggestion, since you had a Chlorinator connected I would consider cutting it at the ground and redoing everything. I agree the cell at the red and flow switch at the yellow but clean it up while you at it.

I was looking at the edge 40, are you finding you have to run it high for your needs? I think at the point the RJ45 Plus is what I will get. I will be removing the chlorinator but don’t want to redo all the pipes yet. I may get rid of booster pump next year and go with a robot and at that time maybe redo some pipes.

I run my pump 24x7 but at low speed and I am running at 2/8 power and my FC is staying around 5. I think my pool is closer to 25000 gallons based on the amount of salt I had to add.
I think it would do the job, It took my chlorine form 0 to 8 in about 16 hours on super chlorinate when I first powered it up. I expected to have to add liquid chlorine but thought I would try it over night.
The RJ and other Circupools run full power and cycle on and off to get the level you need. The Edge works a little different, it actually changes the output but runs non stop. I have mine at 2 of 8 bars and pulling around 50 watts. If I go to full power it jumps to around 210 watts..

In my opinion each has advantages, RJ displays salt reading and water temp where the Edge is like modem cars, just has a low salt light. The Edge is supposed to be a newer design, Mine is only 2 months old and I hope it last a long time :)

I would install flow switch inline after the cell in the red pipe. Not sure you can put flow in the yellow since you need possibly more straight pipe before the flow switch. As far as install goes if the length is there to accommodate both it would be an easier install. Been there done that.

Reactions: markayash

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.