SWG Install Question

dposd

Jun 6, 2022
Maine
So I purchased an intex SWG along with salt for my 18'x48" Coleman Pool. I plan on converting this weekend (probably today after work Friday 7/01). From my understanding, I add the salt and run the filter for 24hrs, check to see if I am at/near the ideal 3000PPM prior to starting the SWG. Correct me if I am wrong on that. If that is correct, is anyone able to swim during that 24hrs or is the pool off-limits until I have the SWG up and running? Being 4th July weekend, I don't want to take away the pool from the family and may postpone if the process means no swimming.

Nobody should swim with zero FC. Just maintain your chlorine levels with liquid chlorine while your salt stabilizes and then turn on the SWG when it’s time. There’s no problem with adding liquid chlorine and salt at the same time. Just don’t allow either to drift outside of the recommended ranges for too long.

Sounds like you are already maintaining the proper FC level with liquid until you do the conversion. If that's true, then there are no restrictions once you dump the salt. In fact, hop in there and help it mix around. But you are correct, even once dissolved, give it a full 24 hrs before activating the new SWG. Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.