SWG circupool UV40?

That’s another question i had - right now with my chlorine tabs I have pump going 12 hours a day Is that fine to do with SWG?
Sure, if you have around a 20K pool get one made for 40k..I could turn mine up and run the pump less and do the same thing. I just like to run my pump all day to keep the water cleaner.

My understanding if the RJ45 when set to 50% runs 90 minutes and turns off for 90 minutes ( I think I read its based on 180 minutes but could be wrong ) but it cycles. The Edge is different in at 50% it runs all the times but runs at half power and uses less power..Not sure if that's better or just different :)

You should consider a retrofit of your pump with at least a VS motor. The cost will payout in less than 2 years due to reduced power cost. This will allow you to run the pump at high speed only for the amount of time needed to skim and clean the pool then run much lower speed to complete the swg operation. Usually this only requires half-speed or less.

Please complete the signature section this will help our experts get advice to you quickly and save you having to answer basic questions about your pool over and over. Here's how to do it.
Chris

Please post your most recent CYA test result. If you don't have one please run the test and post the result. The reason I'm asking this is that you are using a lot of tablets. Remember that CYA does not get consumed. When you add tablets the chlorine gets consumed in a couple of days. The CYA persists for many months or longer. Tablets are about 50% CYA so it's very easy to have CYA levels that are 2-3 times the recommended max level in just a few months. This is asking for trouble.

Chris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.